If your current employment is any of the below then you are ineligible to apply to become a Special Constable. Please check the list below to ensure that your current employment will not prevent your application from being successful.
Occupations where staff are ineligible to be appointed as Special Constables are:
- Armed forces personnel
- Traffic wardens, civil enforcement officers and school crossing patrols
- Neighbourhood, street wardens and other uniformed patrol wardens
- Highways Agency Traffic Officers employed in an "on-road" capacity
- Police Community Support Officers
- Members of employers’ police forces and private constabularies
- Magistrates, judges, justices' clerks and CPS employees
- SOCA (Serious Organised Crime Agency) staff designated with immigration officer and/or revenue and customs officer powers
- Members of the Office of the Police & Crime Commissioner
There are other occupations where staff are eligible to be appointed as Special Constables subject to agreement with their employer and at the discretion of the Force.
For further information regarding eligibility please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.