Are you looking to rejoin the Police service?
You may be eligible to rejoin!
This is an opportunity for individuals who have previously served with Dorset Police, or any other home office force, to re-join as a police officer at the rank of Constable.
For Rejoiners only
- A rejoiner is someone who is to be appointed as a member of a police force having previously and satisfactorily completed probation in the rank of constable prior to resigning or retiring from the service
- A rejoiner is not an officer who is currently seconded, on a career break or participating in the fast track to Inspector or Superintendent programme.
- A rejoiner must not be a member of a police force immediately before appointment.
Please click below for the national guidance and frequently asked questions provided by the College of Policing around re-joining the police service.
If you believe you would be eligible and would like to re-join Dorset Police, please email your interest to Transferee-Recruitment@dorset.pnn.police.uk with your name and contact details.
We’ll send you an application pack within 7 days for completion.
1. Once we have received your application form, we will consider current and anticipated vacancies, and advise on possible timescales.
2. If you pass initial eligibility checks, you’ll be invited to attend an assessment day which includes a fitness test and interview
3. If successful at the assessment day, a training needs analysis (TNA) will be undertaken to identify the appropriate entry route and level of training required
4. A conditional offer will be issued for a provisional start date
5. Carry out pre-requisites, i.e. vetting, references, and medical suitability
6. Formal offer of appointment
7. Re-start your career as a Police Officer!
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and aim to build our workforce to reflect the diversity and complexity of the communities we serve.We particularly encourage applications form the following identified under-represented groups and communities to join our family:
Young People, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities, People with Disabilities, Women and LGBTQ+ communities.
If you are thinking of applying and Positive Action is something that would help, please click the Positive Action icon below.