To manage and develop an effective, efficient and available Command and Control system for the Force so that technical and operational benefits are maximised. In particular, to: -
For further information please see the attached role profile.
- Continuously develop the Force’s technical and operational understanding of STORM
- Provide a focus for the development and adherence to an ongoing five year strategic road map.
- Provide a bridge between the strategic operational requirements and the Business as Usual aspects of maintenance and fault diagnosis for STORM.
- Develop and maintain a strategic understanding of current and future ICT systems that interact with STORM so that operational and financial benefits are identified and progressed.
- Understand data structures and ensure any maintenance or development does not impact data integrity.
- Provide strategic guidance where required and undertake key stakeholder role for all Force initiatives impacting STORM capabilities.
- Manage strategic developments by securing appropriate funds / resources and managing the process, finances and implementation team through appropriate governance.
- Research the strategic use of Command and Control systems, providing appropriate representation at force, regional and national forums to ensure developments in such systems are consistent with strategic decisions and developing subsequent polices and working practices where required
- Provide authoritative liaison, advice and information and make recommendations, changes and improvements to the Command & Control systems in line with departmental and force needs.
- Make decisions on behalf of system owner for all technical aspects of the Command & Control systems, escalating where appropriate to the relevant body.
- Provide ongoing strategic management of the service contract with the supplier, ‘Steria’, liaising with procurement as required.
- Work with internal and 3rd party business partner(s) to maximise system performance