When you change your clock, test your smoke alarm
Everyone will be changing their clocks when British Summer time ends in the early hours of Sunday 30 October.
Why not take a few moments to test your smoke alarm at the same time? It takes no time at all and could save your life.
A working smoke alarm saves lives
- Over 200 people a year die in accidental house fires.
- In England, 500 children under the age of 11 are injured and 18 are killed in fires in the home every year.
- 2-3 breaths of toxic smoke can render you unconscious
- 37% of deaths happened in homes where no smoke alarm was fitted
- 1 in three battery alarms fail to work in fires, usually because the battery was dead or intentionally removed.
- You’re more than four times as likely to die in a fire if you don’t have a working smoke alarm.
Fire kills - you can prevent it http://www.facebook.com/firekills
Watch the video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aw1JmjIA-I&noredirect=1