Ten arrests after drug warrants in Dorchester
Police in Dorchester have arrested 10 people after executing drug warrants at four addresses in the town.
Officers searched two addresses in the Great Western Road area, one property in the Mariners Parade area and another in the Ivel Close area this morning, Thursday 3 December 2015. The drug warrants were executed under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.
Seven men and three women were arrested for various offences after officers searched the properties. They found one of the men hidden inside a bed underneath a mattress – he was subsequently arrested on suspicion of a previous burglary offence. Police seized a number of items including mobile phones, substances – believed to be illegal drugs – and large quantities of cash.
Police Sergeant Ged Want, of Dorchester Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “Firstly, I would like to reassure the public that Dorchester is a very safe place to live and work. However, we are not complacent and today’s action is focussed on targeting alleged drug networks.
“An ongoing initiative is underway in Dorchester aimed at disrupting alleged drug networks and taking robust enforcement action. We want to protect vulnerable people who are targeted by groups, increase our information and intelligence gathering and also prevent and detect crime in the area.
“We have co-ordinated intelligence across the Force and nationwide. Today’s action involved officers from around the Force including neighbourhood policing teams, patrol officers, firearms officers, enhanced policing teams and the dog unit.”
Dorchester Neighbourhood Inspector Steve Marsh, said: “I would urge residents of Dorchester and the surrounding area to continue to tell us about any crime-related issues that are affecting them in their area – whether this relates to suspected drug offences, or other related criminal activity.
“If you have any information or concerns in relation to drug activity, I would encourage you to come forward and talk to us in confidence.
“We are focussed on working with the local community and our partners in addressing any concerns local people may have.”
Anyone with information should call Dorset Police in confidence on 101 or the free and anonymous Crimestoppers line on 0800 555 111 where mobile phone tariffs may apply.
- A 38-year-old man from Dorchester was arrested on suspicion of burglary and theft.
- A 19-year-old man from Liverpool was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply and money laundering.
- A 43-year-old man from Dorchester was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply and money laundering.
- A 28-year-old Dorchester woman was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply.
- A 27-year-old Dorchester man was arrested on suspicion of theft on an unattended motor vehicle.
- A 29-year-old man from Dorchester was arrested on suspicion of burglary.
- A 24-year-old woman from Dorchester was arrested on suspicion of money laundering.
- A 38-year-old woman from Dorchester was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply and theft.
- A 31-year-old Dorchester man was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply.
- All nine people are currently assisting officers with their enquiries.
- A 41-year-old man from Dorchester was arrested on suspicion of theft has been released on street bail pending further enquiries.
Issued: 3 December 2015