Firearms incident in Bournemouth - Man charged

Detectives in Bournemouth are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information to come forward after a firearms incident in the West Howe area of the town.

At 8.34pm on Monday 5 January 2015 Dorset Police received a report that a firearm had been discharged at a door of a property along Hanlon Close.

The occupants were in at the time but nobody was injured.

Detective Inspector Mark Samuel, of the Major Crime Investigation Team, said: “I believe that this was not a random attack.

“We have reports that following the incident a car left the area.

“We are following a number of lines of enquiry and a cordon is in place at the location.

“I would like to hear from any witnesses to the incident or anyone who noticed any suspicious activity in the area at the time.

“All calls will be treated in strictest confidence.”

Witnesses and anyone with information should call Dorset Police in confidence on 101, quoting incident number 5:339. Alternatively, call the free and anonymous Crimestoppers line on 0800 555 111 where mobile phone tariffs may apply.

Issued: 6 January 2015

 

Update 6 January 2015:

Four people have now been arrested in connection with the incident and are helping officers with their enquiries.

North Bournemouth Neighbourhood Inspector Andy Edwards said: “Kinson South Safer Neighbourhood Team supported by other officers from North Bournemouth will continue conducting high visibility patrols, speaking to local residents and community groups to provide reassurance. Therefore residents can expect to see an increased police presence in the area while the investigation continues.

“I would also like to encourage anyone who would like any specific contact from their local Safer Neighbourhood Team to contact us on 101 and likewise anyone with any information regarding the incident to contact police in the strictest confidence.”

 

Update 8 January 2015:

A 32-year-old Poole man has been charged with attempted murder and possession of firearm and is due to appear at Bournemouth Magistrates’ Court today, Thursday 8 January 2015.

Provide feedback on this page