Safer Better Driving course general terms and conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions under which the Safer Better Driving (SBD) course operates, please ensure that you read these prior to accepting the offer of the Safer Better Driving course.
By accepting the offer of an SBD course it is understood that individuals have agreed to accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to their data being held for 3 years in order to perform eligibility checks for future offences.
Drivers who fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions will have their offence referred back to the Traffic Prosecutions Unit for consideration of prosecution.
Definitions: ‘SBD’ – Safer Better Driving
‘SBD Course’ – Safer Better Driving Course
‘DAS Office’ – Admin team who administer the course
- The offer of an SBD course is a decision made by the Traffic Prosecutions Unit on behalf of Dorset Police. Any decisions made are final. Mitigation for the offence cannot and will not be considered.
- Participation is only available to those drivers who are notified by letter from the DAS office and have not taken part on another occasion within the last three years in Dorset and are not currently waiting to attend an SBD course in respect of any other offence.
- Full cleared payment is required prior to attending the course - if your cheque payment is declined by your bank for any reason, the course will be cancelled as a means of disposal which will result in the offence being referred to the Traffic Prosecutions Unit for consideration of prosecution.
- Failure to respond to any correspondence within the time scale provided will result in the offence being referred back to the Traffic Prosecutions Unit for consideration of prosecution and the offer of an SBD course withdrawn.
- Bookings cannot be transferred to any other date. Any dates to avoid should be notified on the SBD acceptance form. If you are unable to attend your course, your file will be referred to the Traffic Prosecutions Unit for consideration of prosecution, unless through exceptional circumstances such as bereavement, pre-booked holiday or medical grounds. Documentary evidence justifying your non-attendance is required. Failure to justify your non-attendance will result in non-completion and the offer of the SBD course withdrawn. No refund of original fees will be made.
- Participants whose behaviour is deemed to be unacceptable will be warned of this. Should this behaviour continue to be unacceptable they will be asked to leave the course. No refund of course fees will be given and the offence will be referred back to the Traffic Prosecutions Unit for consideration of prosecution.
- To gain access to the course, participants MUST bring their photo card Driving licence or an old-style licence plus a form of photographic ID.
- Participants must arrive promptly and attend the entire course. Latecomers will not be admitted and their offence will be referred back to the Traffic Prosecutions Unit for consideration of prosecution. No refund of course fees will be given in this situation.
- All pagers and mobile phones must be switched off throughout the course.
- To successfully complete the course, you must participate fully and show a positive attitude to road safety.
- No babies or children are permitted on the course.
- No animals are permitted at the venues with the exception of assistance dogs with prior agreement.