Safer Better Driving Classroom course terms and conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions under which the Safer Better Driving (SBD) classroom course operates, please ensure that you read these prior to accepting the offer of the SBD classroom course.
By accepting the offer of an SBD classroom course it is understood that individuals have agreed to accept these Terms and Conditions. Also agree to their data being held for 3 years to perform eligibility checks on any future offences.
Individuals who fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions will have their offence referred to the Traffic Prosecution Unit for consideration of prosecution.
To gain access to the course, participants MUST bring their photo card Driving licence or an old-style licence plus a form of photographic ID. Failure to bring the required ID will result in your access to the course being refused.
Cancellations must be received by email or telephone at least 48 hours before the course, for your options to be discussed with the DAS team. Please note that if someone attends in lieu of yourself, you will immediately go back into the Criminal Justice System for consideration of prosecution
To successfully complete the course all participants must:
Please arrive at the course venue 20 minutes prior to the course start time to allow time for registration If you arrive after the course start time access to the course will be refused.
To gain access to the course participants MUST;
- Have photographic ID available should you be requested to show it.
- Engage in all modules
- Fully participate in all polls and set quizzes ??? Ask Mel
- Be focussed and prepared to answer questions
Covid secure procedures
- A face covering must be worn when entering and moving around the building. They can be removed when you are seated.
- All participants are required to check in using the test and trace app at the venue, if you do not have access to this you will be required to complete a sign in form.
- There will be a short break during the course however we will not be providing refreshments, please bring a drink with you.
- Hand Sanitiser will be provided, and the classroom will be sterilised between groups.
- Please ensure that you keep a 2m gap between other participants at all times during the course.
- If you have any COVID symptoms, please do not attend the course and contact the Driver Awareness Scheme office to discuss your options.
- If you develop symptoms or test positive for COVID within 48 hours of attending your course please contact the Driver Awareness Scheme office on 01202 227549 immediately
Standards of behaviour
- Attendees should conduct themselves in a respectful manner to the course trainers and others attending the course.
- Disruptive behaviour, intoxication, wilful non-compliance or wilful misbehaviour whilst on a course is unacceptable.
- Using a mobile phone is prohibited throughout the course as this can cause disruption and is a distraction in a learning environment. As mobile technology can be used for recording and photography there is also a Safeguarding and Data Protection issue.
- Course attendees should not wear clothing which is likely to cause embarrassment or offence to others delivering or attending a course.
Dorset Police reserve the right to refuse access or expel anyone for not complying with this terms and conditions.
Anyone in breach of the Terms and Conditions will be referred back to the Traffic Prosecution Unit for consideration of prosecution. Confidentiality will be maintained at all times unless we believe an offence is disclosed.