Driver Awareness Scheme and Motorcycle Awareness Programme course general terms and conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions under which the Driver Awareness Scheme operates, please ensure that you read these prior to accepting the offer of the Driver Awareness Scheme course.
By accepting the offer of a DAS course it is understood that individuals have agreed to accept these terms and conditions and agree to their data being held for 3 years in order to perform eligibility checks for future offences.
Drivers who fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions will have their offence referred back to the Fixed Penalty procedure.
Definitions: ‘DAS’ – Driver Awareness Scheme
‘DAS Course’ – Driver Awareness Scheme Course
- The offer of a DAS course is a decision made by the DAS office on behalf of Dorset Police. Any decisions made are final. Mitigation for the offence cannot and will not be considered.
- Participation is only available to those drivers who are notified by letter from the DAS office and have not taken part on another occasion within the last three years in Dorset and are not currently waiting to attend a DAS course in respect of any other offence.
- Full cleared payment is required prior to attending the course - if your cheque payment is declined by your bank for any reason, the course will be cancelled as a means of disposal which will result in the offence being referred to the Fixed Penalty or Prosecution process dependant on eligibility criteria.
- Failure to respond to any correspondence within the time scale provided will result in the offence being referred back to the Fixed Penalty or Prosecution process dependant on eligibility criteria and the offer of a DAS course withdrawn.
- Bookings cannot be transferred to any other date. Any dates to avoid should be notified on the DAS acceptance form. If you are unable to attend your course, your file will be referred to the Fixed Penalty or Prosecution process dependant on eligibility criteria, unless through exceptional circumstances such as bereavement, pre-booked holiday or medical grounds. Documentary evidence justifying your non-attendance is required. Failure to justify your non-attendance will result in non-completion and the offer of the DAS course withdrawn. No refund of original fees will be made.
- Participants whose behaviour is deemed to be unacceptable will be warned of this. Should this behaviour continue to be unacceptable they will be asked to leave the course. No refund of course fees will be given and the offence will be referred back to the Fixed Penalty or Prosecution process dependant on eligibility criteria.
- To gain access to the course, participants MUST bring their photo card Driving licence or an old-style licence plus a form of photographic ID.
- Participants must arrive promptly and attend the entire course. Latecomers will not be admitted and their offence will be referred back to the Fixed Penalty or Prosecution process dependant on eligibility criteria. No refund of course fees will be given in this situation.
- All pagers and mobile phones must be switched off throughout the course.
- To successfully complete the course, you must participate fully and show a positive attitude to road safety.
- No babies or children are permitted on the course.
- No animals are permitted at the venues with the exception of assistance dogs with prior agreement.