19 February 2021
Detectives are releasing further information into two alleged serious assaults in Bournemouth after a man arrested in connection with the incidents has been released from the investigation.
Dorset Police was called at around 8.05pm on Thursday 18 February 2021 to a report that a woman aged in her 40s had sustained multiple stab wounds at an address in Maxwell Road. She was taken to hospital for treatment to serious injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening.
A second person – a teenage girl – was also injured and taken to hospital for treatment to an injury to her neck.
Following enquiries, a 29-year-old man from Poole was arrested in Poole in relation to this incident. He has since been released from the investigation and will face no further police action in relation to this incident.
At 11.59pm on the same day it was reported that a woman had been injured on Vale Road. Officers attended and located a woman aged in her 30s from Bournemouth with a stab wound to her neck. She was taken to hospital with serious injuries and remains there in a critical condition.
A search of the area was carried out and following enquiries, a 37-year-old man from Bournemouth was arrested in the town on suspicion of attempted murder and rape. He is currently assisting detectives with their enquiries.
Cordons remain in place at Maxwell Road as well as Vale Road to allow officers to carry out their enquiries and for examinations of the scenes to take place.
Detective Inspector Wayne Seymour, of the Major Crime Investigation Team (MCIT), said: “A detailed investigation has been launched into these incidents and enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances of exactly what happened.
“At this time, the incidents are being treated as linked and we are continuing to carry out enquiries to establish whether the arrested man is known to the victims.
“I would still like to hear from anyone who was in the area of either Maxwell Road or Vale Road at the relevant times and saw what happened or was driving in the vicinity and captured anything of relevance on dashcam footage.”
Chief Inspector Alan Setchell, of Bournemouth Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “I would like to reassure the community that a thorough investigation is underway led by detectives from the Major Crime Investigation Team.
“There will be an increased police presence in the area as officers carry out house-to-house visits and CCTV enquiries while the scene is being investigated. We hope this will not cause a significant impact for the community.
“Local officers will be carrying out high-visibility patrols in the area over the coming days and can be approached by any member of the public who has any concerns following these incidents.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police at www.dorset.police.uk, via email email@example.com or by calling 101, quoting incident number 18:676 for the Maxwell Road incident or 18:788 for the Vale Road incident. Alternatively, to stay 100 per cent anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers online at Crimestoppers-uk.org or call Freephone 0800 555 111.
Did you see anything? If you have any information to share, please get in touch
Get in touch