Operations & Contingency Planning
The key aims of the division are the effective planning and delivery of the operational phase of force wide operations and the development of contingency plans for the County.
- The production of Operational Orders for Forcewide and Mutual Aid events
- The planning for Royal & VIP visits to the County
- The maintenance and production of Contingency plans for a range of sites in the County e.g. Bournemouth International Airport.
- Assessment of threats to Public Military Events (PMEs) and subsequent dissemination to local Ops Managers
- Co-ordinating the work of the Dorset Local Resilience Forum (DLRF)
- Development of the operational plans for the delivery of the safe and secure 2012 Olympic Sailing events in Weymouth & Portland.
- Oversight of all Police Search Advisor, Security Co-ordinator and Search deployments, including provision of training and continued professional development of staff.
I hope that you find all of the information that you require within this portal, please do not hesitate to contact the relevant section or myself should you require any further assistance.
Chief Superintendent Operations & Contingency Planning Division