I am writing to respectfully request the following information in relation to your force.
Data Protection Officer Name
Data Protection Officer Address
Data Protection Officer Telephone Number
Data Protection Officer Fax Number
Data Protection Officer Email
Data Protection Officer DX Number
A copy of the forces freedom of information policy
A disclosure of any forms which require completion for a DSAR by legal advisors/advocates on behalf of offenders.
Click Here to Download the Response Documents:
The Portman Hunt met in Blandford Forum on Boxing Day. The police presence on that occasion acted commendably in securing public order and safety.
- What was the total cost for policing this event?
- Was this event met exclusively from the budget allocated to Dorset Police?
- Did the Portman Hunt make any contribution to the policing of the event?
How many planned unlicensed music events did your force record in the following years? –
I require the collar numbers and names of all Dorset Police officers who hold recognised qualifications allowing them to make judgements on the mental health of a complainant.
I require details of the recognised qualifications and on what dates they were obtained.
According to the College of Policing - Authorised Professional Practice
"Police officers are neither trained nor equipped to carry out clinical assessments on the mental health or wellbeing of an individual."
Which Dorset Police officers have received training to carry out clinical assessments on the mental health or wellbeing of an individual?
- The oldest [i.e. since purchased] police car used by your police force.
- The average age [i.e. since purchased] of the car fleet used by your police force in each of the last three calendar years (2017, 2018 and 2019).
I am writing to you under the freedom of information Act 2000 with a request to gain some information regarding the digital forensic unit we would like to know how much was spent on the digital forensic unit and as detailed breakdown as possible of the costs of training officers in the different fields of this unit in 2019 please could you provide the information via email.
Clarification requested by FOI Unit to assist you in providing data for this request:
1.yes the officers does include police staff also
2.Yes you can send me the whole of the budget for the digital forensic unit as long as there is a breakdown in there that includes the cost of training re-training or further educating officers or police staff in the digital forensics unit
3.you asked if i could give you examples of the different fields withing the digital forensics unit what i meant were mobile communications eg mobile phones,laptops and desktops,online cyber fraud,online social media crimes including hate crimes
Please can you supply the name and contact details of your senior information risk officer
Q1 Do you have a policy that all officers have to adhere to? And if so, what is it.
Q2 Does a police officer have to state their name and shoulder number if asked by a member of the public?
Q3 Does a police officer have to show their warrant/I.D card when asked, and if they do not what is the punishment?
The Public Protection Unit has provided the following information:
- Can you confirm whether your force gives suspected victims of domestic abuse replacement phones if theirs have to be seized?
If you have adopted this policy – when did you start it?
- How many phones do you have available to give to victims?
- If you have not adopted this policy, do you intend to adopt it? When would this be?
- If not, why have you chosen not to adopt it?
The Corporate Development Department have provided the following information:
This is a freedom of Information Request
1. Please provide a copy of your Force policy for dealing with general welfare checks (no crime reported, or suspected).
2. Please provide details of your policy in respect of home educated children, if any.
I request the following information from the police services; all police stations in your borough and their contact information such as email and phone.
I would like to request the number of police vehicles written off in 2019, including the type of vehicle and cost of its replacement if known.
I would like you to provide me with the total number of employees within Dorset Police who are responsible, through carrying out "spot checks", for enforcing quarantine rules on travellers returning from countries not on the UK’s "air corridor" exemption list, whether this task forms the entirety of their responsibilities or is part of their existing duties.
If applicable, I would like the number of employees whose sole duty is to carry out these spot checks separated out in the data from those employees who have other responsibilities alongside this task.
If applicable, I would also like the number of employees tasked with the aforementioned enforcement duties separated out according to the English Local Authority area in which they are responsible for enforcement.
1/ What proportion of all complaints concerning police officer use of force which were passed to the IPCC/IOPC to be investigated, were upheld for each of the last five financial years (including 2019/20)? Please provide full net figures of total use of force complaints and those upheld for each of the last five individual years.
2/ What proportion of all complaints concerning police officer use of force which were passed to the IPCC/IOPC to be investigated, had body-worn camera footage from a police officer available to view as part of the IOPC investigation, for each of the last five financial years (including 2019/20)? Please provide full net figures of use of force complaints and numbers where footage was available for each of the last five individual years.
3/ What proportion of all complaints concerning police officer use of force which were passed to the IPCC/IOPC to be investigated, which had body worn video from a police officer available to view as part of the IOPC investigation, led to the complaint being upheld? Please provide full net figures for these occasions and total use of force complaints for each of the last five individual years.
4/ In what proportion of cases concerning use of force dealt with by the IOPC was there a body-worn camera on any officer(s) the complaint concerned, but the footage and audio could not be viewed or listened to (either because the camera was not switched on, it was switched off during the incident, the footage could not be could not be viewed for a technical reason such as corruption of the card involved, the footage could be viewed but the audio could not be heard, or any other reason)? Please make clear the reason the footage could not be viewed e.g. it was not switched on per use of force complaint. Please provide full net figures for cases of this nature and total complaints of use of force, for each of the last five years.
5/ What proportion of all complaints concerning police officer use of force which were passed to the IPCC/IOPC to be investigated, involved an officer who previously had a complaint about use of force substantiated against them, for each of the last five financial years (including 2019/20)?
Please supply the number of quarantine requests made by the Home Office/UK Border Force to your force where individuals are not complying with self-isolation requirements under the Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel) (England) Regulations 2020.
Please supply the date(s) of these requests
Please supply the destinations from which the individuals had returned
How many of the following operational vehicles your police force had for each year from 2010 through to 2020:
- Police Cars
- Police Motorcycles
- Police Vans
- Police Helicopters
- Do you have a separate pre-charge team?
- On average, how many pre-charges files does your Force process on a monthly basis?
- How many people are on your pre-charge team and what is the make-up of this (i.e. administrators, triage or evidence review officers)?
- Do you currently redact MG11 witness statements at the pre-charge stage?
- Did you increasing your pre-charge team as a result of the new AGG/DG6 changes that come into effect on 31 December 2020? If so, by how many?
- What does the police service do if they receive any reports of animal cruelty under either section 4 or section 9 of the Animal Welfare Act 2006?
- Record the incident only and no further action
- Record the incident and pass on to the appropriate council
- Record the incident and pass on to the RSPCA
- Record the incident and investigate
- Other (please explain below)
- Does the police service have any members trained in animal welfare legislation? And if so how many and what aspects, e.g. pet animals, dogs, wildlife, etc?
- How many incident complaints has the police service received under the national incident category list of "animals/wildlife" (as per the National Standard for Incident Reporting) for each year for the last ten years? (2010 to 2020)
- Does the police service filter such incidents to specific teams within the service to assess and respond to accordingly?
- Other (please explain below)
5. Does the police service use any sub-categories for recording such incidents, for example ‘cruelty’, ‘pet animal’, etc? If so please can you share below