- The cost of an initial level 2 PSU training course per officer
- How long the initial level 2 PSU course is in your force
- The cost of equipping a level 2 PSU officer
- How many days refresher training per annum officers receive
- The cost per officer of annual refresher training
- Whether your force relies upon volunteers or if this is a requirement for holding the office of constable in your organisation
- Any agreement signed by volunteers in terms of tenure in role
- The length in which volunteers must retain the role before been able to relinquish level 2 PSU status
- Other circumstances in which officers may be discharged from level 2 duties
Regarding question 6 - It is my understanding that some forces rely on volunteers undertaking PSU training and it is not mandatory. However I know some forces make it mandatory.
Regarding question 9 ‘other circumstances’ - yes such as specific roles in which officers cannot continue PSU duties or occasions where PSD may intervene
Does your force require officers to undertake training on modern slavery (human trafficking, slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour) ?
If yes -
a) which training course are officers required to attend?
b) Does the training include information on:
- Key responsibilities; yes/no
- Risk and identification; yes/no
- Challenges and solutions; yes/no
- Victim and witness care. Yes/no
c) How do you monitor officers' attendance at training?
- On what date did the force first begin training its officers on transgender issues and hate crime against transgender people?
- How many training sessions on transgender issues and hate crime against transgender people has the force had/carried out in total?
- How many police personnel have attended training on transgender issues and hate crime against transgender people?
- Did you use outside organisations to deliver this training? If so, which ones did you use? What materials were used in delivering this training?
- Which individuals have delivered the training?
- What due diligence do the force carry out on organisations and individuals providing training on transgender issues and hate crime against transgender people?
- Does your force currently have a policy, procedure or guidance in relation to driver fatigue? If so, could I please be supplied with a copy?
- Over and above any policy, procedure or guidance in place, do officers and staff receive any further training / input in relation to keeping themselves safe whilst driving, particularly for night driving or whilst commuting?
Please disclose a copy of Dorset Police’s Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery Guidance. If Dorset Police does not have its own Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery Guidance, please disclose a copy of the guidance to which Dorset Police refers in respect of human trafficking and modern slavery issues
- Has your force provided training to officers policing the offence of engaging in controlling and coercive behaviour as outlined in section 76 of the Serious Crime Act 2015?
- If the answer to Q1 is yes, please can you explain the nature of this training?
- If the answer to Q1 is yes, please can you disclose all training documents from this training for your officers?
What policy/protocol/procedure/standing order/instructions do Dorset Police issue to their officers in relation to discussing impending criminal trials with defence solicitors.
Are they trained in these procedures and what if any refresher training is given through the course of their career.