- The cost of an initial level 2 PSU training course per officer
- How long the initial level 2 PSU course is in your force
- The cost of equipping a level 2 PSU officer
- How many days refresher training per annum officers receive
- The cost per officer of annual refresher training
- Whether your force relies upon volunteers or if this is a requirement for holding the office of constable in your organisation
- Any agreement signed by volunteers in terms of tenure in role
- The length in which volunteers must retain the role before been able to relinquish level 2 PSU status
- Other circumstances in which officers may be discharged from level 2 duties
Regarding question 6 - It is my understanding that some forces rely on volunteers undertaking PSU training and it is not mandatory. However I know some forces make it mandatory.
Regarding question 9 ‘other circumstances’ - yes such as specific roles in which officers cannot continue PSU duties or occasions where PSD may intervene
Does your force require officers to undertake training on modern slavery (human trafficking, slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour) ?
If yes -
a) which training course are officers required to attend?
b) Does the training include information on:
- Key responsibilities; yes/no
- Risk and identification; yes/no
- Challenges and solutions; yes/no
- Victim and witness care. Yes/no
c) How do you monitor officers' attendance at training?
- On what date did the force first begin training its officers on transgender issues and hate crime against transgender people?
- How many training sessions on transgender issues and hate crime against transgender people has the force had/carried out in total?
- How many police personnel have attended training on transgender issues and hate crime against transgender people?
- Did you use outside organisations to deliver this training? If so, which ones did you use? What materials were used in delivering this training?
- Which individuals have delivered the training?
- What due diligence do the force carry out on organisations and individuals providing training on transgender issues and hate crime against transgender people?
- Does your force currently have a policy, procedure or guidance in relation to driver fatigue? If so, could I please be supplied with a copy?
- Over and above any policy, procedure or guidance in place, do officers and staff receive any further training / input in relation to keeping themselves safe whilst driving, particularly for night driving or whilst commuting?
Please disclose a copy of Dorset Police’s Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery Guidance. If Dorset Police does not have its own Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery Guidance, please disclose a copy of the guidance to which Dorset Police refers in respect of human trafficking and modern slavery issues
- Has your force provided training to officers policing the offence of engaging in controlling and coercive behaviour as outlined in section 76 of the Serious Crime Act 2015?
- If the answer to Q1 is yes, please can you explain the nature of this training?
- If the answer to Q1 is yes, please can you disclose all training documents from this training for your officers?
What policy/protocol/procedure/standing order/instructions do Dorset Police issue to their officers in relation to discussing impending criminal trials with defence solicitors.
Are they trained in these procedures and what if any refresher training is given through the course of their career.
1) Are student officers (recruits) routinely exposed to PAVA or equivalent during initial training?
2) If Yes, are officers routinely exposed to PAVA or equivalent during refresher training?
3) If exposed during refresher training, how often does this process get repeated?
4) If the routine exposure to incapacitant sprays once formed part of your training procedures, but has since stopped, when did this practice stop?
5) What was the rationale for the cessation of officers’ exposure to PAVA or equivalent during training?
What specific training are police officers and PCSO’s in Dorset given in dealing with people with mental health?
What specific training are police officers and PCSO’s in Dorset given in dealing with people with learning disabilities and autism?
Can you confirm if ALL officers and PCSO’s receive this training and whether it is mandatory.
I would also like to see the policies and procedures that cover dealing with individuals with autism, learning disabilities and mental health if possible
Can you provide the following information:
(1) please provide copies of internal policy documents concerning the policing treatment of transgender people and what “transitioning” means.
(2) provide the names of organisations who have provided training, consultancy and advice in the areas of transgender matters.
(3) provide the cost of these training courses.
(4) the number of officers who have undergone transgender issue training.
(5) the number of officers who have been sent on transgender courses as part of a disciplinary matter.
How many officers are currently trained to use a Taser within this force?
How many officers are waiting to be Taser trained?
How many officers in 2019 have gone on a Taser training course but have subsequently failed that course and consequently not authorised to carry a Taser.
How many officers have requested to be Taser trained since the 7th of August 19.
What are official pre-requisites required of an officer to apply for the Taser training course within this force.
How many female officers carry a Taser.
How many male officers carry a Taser.
(1) How often, excluding initial recruit training, have you provided either mandatory or non-mandatory stop and search training to your police officers in the last 12 months, 24 months 36 months. If refresher training was provided was it by means of face to face training by qualified trainers? Or via a digital training package?
(2) Has your force provided any face to face public training/ awareness, covering police stop and search powers e.g. A community officer delivering awareness / training to year 10-11 high school pupils. Has this taken place in a Constabulary structured and approved manner in the last 12months, 24 months 36, months
(3) Could you please tell me how many police officers your force had in 2017,2018 and 2019 at the time of this request
- What First Aid Training and Mental Health Training, if any, do you provide to your staff?
- The current provider of First Aid Training and Mental Health Training to your staff and contract expiry date
- The name of the person responsible at your organisation for First Aid Training and Mental Health Training
1) What training do you currently provide for your staff regarding disclosure as per the CPIA 1996? i.e. Online learning (NCalt) or classroom based.
2) Does this training differ for PIP1, PIP 2 or Civilian investigators?
3) Do you provide any form of advanced disclosure training courses and if so are these in collaboration with the Crown Prosecution Service.
4) In total how many hours training do officers and staff receive on disclosure training.
5) Once a staff member is trained do they receive and refresher training.
6) How many staff have received disclosure training in the years 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019?