Traffic and Roads Policing
I would like to make the following request under the Freedom of Information Act.
- How many alcohol breath tests did your force carry out at the roadside in December 2018?
- How many of these breathalyser tests were positive or refused?
In particular, I am after:
- Please provide a monthly breakdown for the last three years of the number of Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) and/or Traffic Offence Reports (TORs) issued for the offence of driving a vehicle (includes car/van/truck/lorry and motorcycles) without a valid MOT Test Certificate in your police jurisdiction.
Could you provide a monthly breakdown for the following years 2015/2016, 2016/2017, 2017/2018.
For the year 2018, if you do not have a full year’s record available, could you please provide figures up to the latest month available?
I would please like to know how many people have been fined by your force since 2015 for leaving a parked vehicle unattended with the engine running, or leaving a vehicle engine running unnecessarily while that vehicle is stationary on a public road, as set out by Rule 123 of the Highway Code, and contravened by Section 42 of the Road Traffic Act 1988.
- The number of fixed penalty notices issued to motorists for using a mobile phone while driving in your force area for the years 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 to date, broken down by month for each year.
- The amount of money (£) issued to motorists for using a mobile phone while driving in your force area in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 to date
Would you please provide, for each of the years 2012/13 to 2017/18, a combined total for the number of Fixed Penalty Notices and/or Traffic Offence Reports (as applicable) issued for the offence of cycling on a footway (under section 72 of the Highways Act 1835), broken down if possible into sub-totals for:
- fines paid,
- fines/FPNs/TORs cancelled,
- cases referred to Court for prosecution and/or recipients of TORs opted for court proceedings,
- cases disposed of in any other way, and
- cases with resolution still outstanding.
In regards to leaving the scene of an accident; can you please tell me how many reports of failing to stop were made each year, over the the past five years, in Purbeck? Further to that, how many of these cases resulted in fines or other action taken against those failing to stop?
Your latest "no excuse" campaign makes the following statement:
"You're 13 times more likely to have a fatal accident at the English limit, 5 times at the Scottish limit".
Please provide me with the details of the research used to compile this statistic. This could be in the form of, but not limited to:
- A link to peer reviewed research published online
- Details of a peer reviewed source publication
- The data set (anonymised) used to calculate the statistic, along with methodologies, evidence of representative sampling etc.
If you have relied on a statistic from an external agency without seeking validation, please provide details of that agency.
I would like to know how many prosecutions there have been relating to motorcycles breaching the exhaust noise restrictions by Dorset Police over the past five years (January 2014 - end February 2019).
Please could you give the information in a table showing:
– what the offence was
– the date that the incident happened
– the action that was taken against the individual in question
- For the calendar year 2018, the total number of offences recorded by a speed camera or from an officer's speed radar in your force area where a motorist was found to be going over 100mph.
- For the calendar year 2017, the total number of offences recorded by a speed camera or from an officer's speed radar in your force area where a motorist was found to be going over 100mph.
- The top five speeds recorded by a speed camera or from an officer's speed radar that exceeded the limit in your force area in 2018. In each case can you tell me the speed, what the speed limit was, the location, the driver’s age and gender?