Safety Cameras and Speeding
Are you able to confirm if the Red Light Camera situated on the B3073 Christchurch Road at Parley Cross is a real or "dummy" camera, as there is no information on this camera on your red light camera data document.
Can you let me have the data that was used to justify the installation of the 3 speed cameras on the Horton Road that runs from the roundabout junction with the A31/A338 and just past Three Legged Cross.
Together with details of the number offences recorded for the past 3 years
Could you consider this as an FOI request regarding speeding by drivers where the limit on the road is 20mph?
Specifically, could you please tell me how many drivers were given Notices of Intended Prosecution (NIP) for exceeding a 20mph speed limit in your force area in 2018?
Secondly, could you please provide me with the figures for NIPs in a 20mph area for 2017 in your force area?
- How many ANPR cameras does your police force currently operate, either in vehicles or static cameras by the roadside? Please provide a breakdown of the number of static vs in-car ANPR cameras, if possible.
- How many ANPR cameras has your police force operated over the last five years (2018-2014)? Please provide a year-by-year breakdown.
How many 'hits' have your ANPR cameras generated over the last five years? That is to say, how many times has a vehicle of interest triggered an ANPR alert (for whatever reason) from one of your force's cameras over the last five years? Please provide a year-by-year breakdown.
- If possible, please tell me the total number of vehicle number plates scanned by your ANPR cameras in the last five years? Please provide a year-by-year breakdown.
Did you record any other apparent infringements of this regulation at this location on 8th November? If so, how many infringements at this location in the 10 months up to 1st November 2018?
8) Were there any other ‘intended prosecutions’ at this location on 08.11.18? If so, how many?
9) Total number of ‘prosecutions’ at this location in 10 months to 01.11.18 east and west bound?
11) The cost of supplying, installing and operating for a year the equipment used on this offence.
- The number of drivers caught speeding by volunteers in Dorset, as part of community speedwatch schemes in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- The number of different types of speedwatch groups there are (eg school speedwatch/community speedwatch/neighbourhood speedwatch etc), what they are and how many of each there were in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- The names of the roads in Dorset where the greatest number of speeding incidents were recorded by speedwatch volunteers in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- The fastest speeds recorded on the roads identified in (4) in Dorset, and what the legal limits were.
Click Below to Download Response
- Record 1
- Record 2
Can you provide me with the statistical results of the mobile speed camera activities, when located in our villages "Winterbourne Abbas and Winterbourne Steepleton", surveying the speed of vehicles on the A35.
I'm not aware of how much information is available but I'm after the following
• Date and time of Surveillance
• Number of Examined vehicles (i.e. the number of vehicles
• type of vehicle
• Number of Vehicles failed (Over speed limit)
• Level of failure e.g. No. greater than 30, number greater than 40 etc.
• And by type. e.g. car van lorry etc.
1. How many traffic collisions were recorded in your territory between January 1st 2018 – January 1st 2019? Could this information be provided in a spreadsheet that shows the number of collisions and which roads they took place on? (eg, 22 collisions on Taylor Road between Jan 1st 2019 and Jan 1st 2019)
2. How many speed camera fines were issued between January 1st 2018 – January 1st 2019 in your territory? Could you provide this information in a spreadsheet that shows the road where the speed camera is, when they happened, and the amount of paid fines? Could you also include the total amount of money made from speed camera fines. (eg, Taylor Road speed camera, 12 fines issued, 10 paid)
- How many speed cameras does your police force operate? Please differentiate between average speed check cameras and 'standard' fixed cameras.
- Does your police force have a universal rule across the constabulary to set activation thresholds for speed cameras (EG 10% +2mph for all cameras)? Please differentiate between average speed check cameras and fixed cameras.
- If you do have a universal activation threshold, what is this threshold? Please differentiate between average speed check cameras and standard cameras, and differentiate between different speed limit zones and their respective thresholds, if the threshold formula varies across differing limits.
- If your force does not have a universal threshold rule, please give me the highest threshold (EG 15mph over the limit), and the lowest threshold (EG 0mph over the limit), used by cameras in your constabulary, listing the two locations of the cameras to which these thresholds apply. If your force operates average speed check cameras as well as fixed cameras, please give the highest and lowest thresholds for both types of camera, listing their locations.
Clarification on thresholds:
EG if the speed limit is 50mph, the "threshold" at which a camera would be triggered (typically leading to a notice of intended prosecution) might be 55mph, so any vehicle travelling below 55mph would not trigger the camera.
- How many fixed automated speed camera housings do you operate?
- How many of these use digital cameras and how many are film-based?
- Can we have a list of the film-based cameras that will be upgraded to digital and when?
- If you have identified sites as not being suitable for upgrade can you provide details including any plans to remove them or leave them in place as a deterrent etc)?
- How much has the digitisation process cost so far, and what is the estimated / actual planned budget?
- When will your film-based cameras stop being operational?