Please could you provide me with the following information:
- How many of the police officers within your constabulary have home addresses that are outside the counties that the constabulary polices?
- For each police officer that fits this category please could you provide the name of the county that their home address is in- there is no need to name the police officer.
1) I want to find out the number of applicants who have applied to join your force in each of the last three years (1 April – 31 March), and then the success rates by gender. I also want to find out what stage of the process they failed at by gender, please.
2) Please can you supply the data to show how many officers, broken down by gender, have applied for promotion boards, passed any workplace assessments, and have then subsequently commenced temporary or substantive promotions in the given periods. The data should include any ‘detective’ promotions too, if they are held separately please.
3) Please include number by gender of both internal and external applicants if your force held any promotions for ACC/DCC/CC posts in the named periods. (If more than one process in any one rank in the same year, please add results together for that one rank and supply one number to each question)
4) Finally, I am interested in the gender of those serving in specific departments. If you are unable to supply in the format below, please supply in whatever format will allow me to understand the dedicated departments your force has, and the break-down of resources by gender please.
I Would like to know from 2014 till the present date so 2014, 2015 , 2016 , 2017, 2018 and 2019
How many people applied to work for dorset police in total in starting from 2014 every year up untill 2019.
How many people applied that were white
How many people applied that were black.
Also how many black people are currently working for the dorset police
And how many white people work for dorset police.
- The number of police employees in your constabulary who have taken long-term sick leave (i.e. 28/29 days or more) in the last five years, broken down year-by-year;
- The nature of the reasons for sick leave being taken in each year (i.e., 200 for psychological reasons, 400 for physical disability etc.).
- The number of sickness days taken by all police officers within your police force over the latest available calendar year.
- The number of sickness days taken by all police officers at the rank of constable within your police force over the latest available calendar year.
- The number of sickness days taken by all police officers in their probation within your police force over the latest available calendar year.
- The time taken for a probationary constable in your force to achieve Independent Patrol Status (IPS), based on the latest available data.
- The number of hours that probationary status constables in your force spend on coached patrol and street duties, based on the latest available data.
Please could you supply the following information in relation to armed officers?
By armed officers, I refer to all officers authorised to use firearms, including operationally deployed armed officers and those training others in the use of firearms.
- How many armed police officers did you have on 31 March 2014 (or nearest available date)?
- Of those referred to in question 1, how many were female?
- How many armed police officers did you have on 31 March 2019 (or nearest available date)?
- Of those referred to in question 3, how many were female?
- FOR 2018 – How many officers were medically retired due to an on-duty assault
- FOR 2017 – How many officers were medically retired due to an on-duty assault
- FOR 2016 – How many officers were medically retired due to an on-duty assault
- Please can you tell me the number of police family liaison officers that have been in position within your force as of the 1st January (or the nearest available date) for each of the following calendar years:
The number of police officers that have been absent for mental health reasons (for example, but not limited to, reasons including anxiety, depression, insomnia and post-traumatic stress) in (a) 2015, (b) 2016, (c) 2017, (d) 2018 and (e) 2019 to date.
The number of working days lost for mental health reasons (for example, but not limited to, reasons including anxiety, depression, insomnia and post-traumatic stress) in (a) 2015, (b) 2016, (c) 2017, (d) 2018 and (e) 2019 to date.
Q1. Amount of Officers by rank (Inc Detective ranks) Employed by your organisation.
Q2. Amount of civilians in your organisation (please include Community Support Officers as a separate figure)
Please could I make a follow up request to be provided with the figures for the responses given as question one and two for the end of year (whether this is calendar or financial) in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Q1. Please tell me how many police officers took an annual fitness test in 2018
Q2. Please give details of what the annual fitness test involved
Q3. Please tell me how many of these police officers failed the annual fitness test in 2018. Please tell me how many of these were male and how many were female and provide a breakdown of ranks.
Q4. If it is recorded, please tell me how police officers employed by your force have a BMI of a) 25 - 29.9 and b) 30 or above
Q5. Please tell me how many police officers had their employment terminated for being overweight or obese in each of the following years: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. If possible, for each case, please tell me the officer's a) sex b) weight c) BMI d) rank.
How many police support volunteers did your force employ in the following years?
Please provide the total amount of days taken off work by officers due to mental health-related illnesses or conditions broken down by financial year from 2014-19 in the following format:
In addition, please also provide the number of officers that have taken time off work due to mental health-related illnesses or conditions broken down by the type of illness (i.e. stress, anxiety, depression) and by financial year from 2014-19 in the following table format:
I would like to know the total number of injuries that police officers have suffered. Please provide a total for each year I will stipulate below.
I would like to know the types of injuries that they are recorded to have suffered. I would like this broken down across the time period below.
I would like this information from across the past five years, up to the most recent set of data available for 2019.
If the injuries were sustained whilst working in a neighbouring force please provide an additional breakdown.
- How many family liaison officers does the force currently have?
- How many family liaison officers did the force have in 2009, 2017 and 2018. Please provide information for each year separately and clearly marked.
- How many cases/families can each family liaison officer work with at a time?
- How many Authorised Firearms Officers were in your force as of 1 April 2019?
- How many Authorised Firearms Officers in your force were over 50 years of age as of 1 April 2019?
- How many Authorised Firearms Officers in your force were over 60 years of age as of 1 April 2019?
I was hoping to obtain figures on the number of serving officers (all ranks) who have died whilst serving for the force.
Please show the number for the last 5 financial years – and please show these separately.
- Please tell me the number of sick days taken for stress-related illnesses by Dorset Police staff working at South West Forensic Services in each of the last four financial years – 2018/19, 2017/18, 2016/17 and 2015/16. Can I please have a figure for each year?
- What was your total number of Dorset Police staff working at South West Forensic Services in 2018/19, 2017/18, 2016/17 and 2015/16. Can I please have an average figure for each year?
1) How many staff and officer sick days have been mental health related between 1st August 2018-1st August 2019?
2) What is the total number of staff and officer sick days for your force/constabulary between 1st August 2018-1st August 2019?
Over the last five years the Ministry of Defence have increased the recruitment of Reservists to support the Regular Armed Forces. We had not realised that there are a considerable number of reservists in the UK Police Forces.
Please may we ask you to supply the number of Reservists (Army, Navy and Royal Air Force) in your police force at the present time.
Please provide me the number of probationary officers currently within your force. If this could also be split by neighbourhood force area I would be very grateful.
Please could you provide information on the number of police officers off duty due to Stress / PTSD with the data broken down annually over the last 3 years; 2016-2018. Please could this be further broken down by gender.
and the number of officers who were withdrawn from duty (off sick) as a result of an attack.
I am also looking, for the same period, to identify the number of police officers attacked with and without injury, again broken down annually by gender
1) Can you tell me how many officers took stress leave last year? 18/19?
2) What percentage of the force was this?
3) How many sick days were taken due to stress in 18/19?
4) Can you tell me how many officers took stress leave the year previously 16/17?
5) What percentage of the force was this?
6) How many sick days were taken due to stress in 2016/17?
7) How many officers took stress leave in 2009/2010? (Theresa May began police cuts in 2010)
8) What percentage of the force was this?
9) How many sick days were taken due to stress in 2009/2010?
10) In as much detail as possible, can you tell me what tactics / innovative methods the force is using to tackle stress leave? TVP for instance has introduced a stress dog
Questions 1 to 3 should refer to the years 18/19 (ie last year)
And questions 4 to 6 should refer to the years the year previously (2017/18)
Could you therefore cancel my initial request and revise it in light of these dates?
Can I please re-submit this FOI and ask for a response to Q1, Q2a, Q2b and Q2c as suggested
Could you please confirm the annual salary paid to police trainees during their initial training period (i.e. the approximate 12 weeks training period prior to a police trainee becoming a probationary police Constable) for each of the following dates:
1.9.2017, 1.9.2018 & 1.9.2019
2a. Has your force initiated any intake of apprenticeship police constables? If yes, what percentage of all new recruits in the last calendar year have entered the force via this route?
2b. Has your force implemented the new ‘pre-join degree’ route into policing? If yes, how many people have enrolled to complete the degree in Professional Policing?
2c. What percentage of all new recruits in each of the following years have been a degree-holder upon their recruitment to your force?
2008, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 (year to date)
Can you please provide me with the following information regarding your AFO's (Authorised Firearms Officers)?
How many AFO's you have in your force.
How many female AFO's you have in your force.
Age groups of your AFO's.
How many AFO's you have over the age of 50 and their ages.
- The force numbers (numbers of police officers employed by your force) over the last five years.
- Please separate these figures into yearly figures (by calendar year, not financial year).
- Please separate these figures by rank of officer within your force.
Would like to request the following information in relation to recruitment of Constables within your force.
- How many new Constables (i.e. not transfers from another force) is the force planning to recruit in the 12 months following the 20,000 uplift announcement? (i.e. August 2019 to August 2020)?
- How many new Constables did the force try to recruit in the twelve months to November 2019?
- How many new Constables actually entered probation (initial training) during in the twelve months to November 2019?
- For those entering in the twelve months to November 2019 what was the route and starting salary? i.e.
I would like to know how many of your police officers have had to go on sick leave due to mental health issues in the last 5 years?
I would be interested in any information held by your organisation regarding my request. I understand that I do not have to specify particular files or documents and that it is the department’s responsibility to provide the information I require.
How many (still living today) former Police Officers left your force with over 20 years service but less than 22 years service between 1 January 1990 and 19/01/2010?How many of the former Officers disclosed by question 1 have been awarded the Police Long Service Medal?
How many of the former Officers disclosed by question 1 were dismissed or required to resign?
The questions relate solely to regular Officers not the Special Constabulary.
Transferees to other police forces need not be included.
Please could I have the details of:
- The number of community police officers in your police force in each of the following years:
- How many days' leave have been taken by police officers due to stress in each of the following years:
Can you please confirm how many of your officers work in the Traffic department and what percentage are they to other police officers on patrol at any time?
- Any policies that you have regarding the prevention of mental health issues amongst operational Police Officers and Staff.
- Any policies that you have regarding the process of identifying and managing mental health issues amongst operational Police Officers and Staff.
- Do the same mental health policies apply to both operational Police Officers and Staff, or do these differ according to role?
- Do you assess the mental health of all new operational Police Officers and Staff recruited to your Police Service, in addition to their physical health and fitness?
Click Below to Download the Relevant Documents:
Please can you tell me how many sexual offences liaison officers Dorset Police has in total.
- The total spent on overtime in the last three calendar years (2017, 2018 and 2019).
1) How many occupational health advisors do you have working at your constabulary?
2) What services do you offer to support the occupational health of officers?
3) Out of your total number of officers, how many officers sought occupational health support from any of these services in 2019?
4a) How many officers took at least 1 sick day due to stress in 2019
4b) How many officers took at least 1 sick day due to anxiety in 2019
4c) How many officers took at least 1 sick day due to depression in 2019
If you could please provide me with:
• A copy of your absence policy
• A copy of any linked policies or procedures in relation to disabled officers. In particular I am interested in how disability absence is recorded, and whether this is included in any calculations such as Bradford Factor.
High-level numbers for how many sworn officers are known to have a disability (e.g. xx% no disability, xx% disabled, xx% unknown)
A count of how many officers, by year for the last 5 years, have
o Been through disciplinary procedures under the Police (Performance) Regulations 2012 on the basis of unsatisfactory performance where sickness was a factor. Please break down whether these officers had a disability or not.
o How many officers have been dismissed on the same basis.
o How many officers have been ill-health retired.
How many Special Constables do you have?
From 2013 until 2020 how many new entrants has there been with people leaving?
What allowances are offered to Specials-if any supply guidelines for claiming, please?
- Does Dorset Police offer Employer Supported Policing (or other paid time off) to members of Police Staff to carry out the role of Special Constable?
- If so, how much paid time is offered to carry out the role of Special Constable?
- Does the member of Police Staff have to be a Special Constable with Dorset Police to qualify for the paid time off?
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act for the following:
1. The number of your employees who are currently on the level 7 senior leader apprenticeship standard.
2. The name of the training provider delivering the apprenticeships.
I am writing to see if you will provide the names of the current heads of the following departments
1) Crime Department
2) Scientific Support
3) Roads Policing
The Human Resources Department have provided the following information:
Could you provide me with a breakdown of those officers (sworn police officers) who identify as disabled within each rank structure.
The Force Training and Delivery Department have supplied the following information:
Please can you tell me, as of April 1st 2020, how many officers currently working within your force have been specifically trained to be first responders to reports of domestic abuse made by the public?
A list of the forces cold cases under investigation including details of the crimes investigated
A list of cold cases solved since January 2019
The RESOURCING ORGANISATIONAL & DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT have supplied the following:
Please may you provide me with an up to date list that details which discretionary powers are designated for Police Community Support Officers in your force if they are used within your force?
If you do utilise Police Community Support Officers, what are the advantages of having both Police Community Support Officers as well as regular Police Constables?
If you do not have Police Community Support Officers, what are the reasoning’s / advantages to this?
1. Does the police force outsource and use 3rd party suppliers under any of the following 3 categories?
-IT Services and communication.
2. If so who are the suppliers/resellers used and what has the spend been with them in the last 6 months?
3. Who are the contacts/procurement in the police force to speak with in order to get added as an IT supplier to the police force?
4. Who are the IT managers in the police force in place and there contact details?
- How many Rest Days are owed to Constables, Sergeants, Inspectors and Chief Inspectors in your force?
- How many rest days were cancelled in total during 2019?
- Can you please supply this information as of 1 January 2020?
The Performance Analysis Department can provide the following information:
Detailed statistics-at the local authority level since 2001 - of
- Number of police officers(preferably divided by function) . By function, I mean rank, as Chief Officer, Inspector, Sergeant, Constable, etc per each solar year (Jan-Dec)
- Spending on security/police services per each solar year(Jan-Dec)
I would like to know whether Dorset Police provide a practical test of hearing to assess functional abilities as stated in the standard?
If yes: Is this test provided internally?
If yes, can you name the type of test that is provided? For example, a Speech in Noise test (HINT, SPRINT)
If no, can you provide information on who this testing is completed by and if you know which test is being used? For example, a Speech in Noise test (HINT, SPRINT).
Do you record how many of these practical tests have been completed in the last 5 years, split into 12 month periods? If yes, how many?
The Professional Standards Department have provided the following information:
(For questions 1 to 4 below) For each of the calendar years 2017, 2018 and 2019 and the period 1st January 2020 to 2nd June 2020, could you please tell me the following:
1) How many police officers or PCSOs employed by your force were convicted of a criminal offence (i.e. they were employed by your force at the time of the offence)?
2) For each police officer or PCSO convicted of a criminal offence, could you tell their name, rank and offence they were convicted of? If you're unable to tell me their name, please provide their rank and the offence they were convicted of only.
3) For each police officer or PCSO convicted of a criminal offence, could you tell me the court penalty they were given (e.g. imprisonment, suspended imprisonment, fine, etc)?
4) For each police officer or PCSO convicted of a criminal offence, could you tell me the formal action taken by your force against the officer (e.g. dismissed without notice, written warning, no action, etc) or whether they resigned or retired?
5) In total, how many police officers or PCSOs currently employed by your force have a criminal conviction? If you're unable to provide this information, please tell me the number of serving police officers convicted of a criminal offence while employed by your force who remain employed by your force.
6) For each serving police officer or PCSO with a criminal conviction listed in your answer to question 5, could you tell me their rank and the offence they were convicted of?