Please could I have the details of:
- The number of community police officers in your police force in each of the following years:
- How many days' leave have been taken by police officers due to stress in each of the following years:
Can you please confirm how many of your officers work in the Traffic department and what percentage are they to other police officers on patrol at any time?
- Any policies that you have regarding the prevention of mental health issues amongst operational Police Officers and Staff.
- Any policies that you have regarding the process of identifying and managing mental health issues amongst operational Police Officers and Staff.
- Do the same mental health policies apply to both operational Police Officers and Staff, or do these differ according to role?
- Do you assess the mental health of all new operational Police Officers and Staff recruited to your Police Service, in addition to their physical health and fitness?
Click Below to Download the Relevant Documents:
Please can you tell me how many sexual offences liaison officers Dorset Police has in total.
- The total spent on overtime in the last three calendar years (2017, 2018 and 2019).
1) How many occupational health advisors do you have working at your constabulary?
2) What services do you offer to support the occupational health of officers?
3) Out of your total number of officers, how many officers sought occupational health support from any of these services in 2019?
4a) How many officers took at least 1 sick day due to stress in 2019
4b) How many officers took at least 1 sick day due to anxiety in 2019
4c) How many officers took at least 1 sick day due to depression in 2019
If you could please provide me with:
• A copy of your absence policy
• A copy of any linked policies or procedures in relation to disabled officers. In particular I am interested in how disability absence is recorded, and whether this is included in any calculations such as Bradford Factor.
High-level numbers for how many sworn officers are known to have a disability (e.g. xx% no disability, xx% disabled, xx% unknown)
A count of how many officers, by year for the last 5 years, have
o Been through disciplinary procedures under the Police (Performance) Regulations 2012 on the basis of unsatisfactory performance where sickness was a factor. Please break down whether these officers had a disability or not.
o How many officers have been dismissed on the same basis.
o How many officers have been ill-health retired.
How many Special Constables do you have?
From 2013 until 2020 how many new entrants has there been with people leaving?
What allowances are offered to Specials-if any supply guidelines for claiming, please?
- Does Dorset Police offer Employer Supported Policing (or other paid time off) to members of Police Staff to carry out the role of Special Constable?
- If so, how much paid time is offered to carry out the role of Special Constable?
- Does the member of Police Staff have to be a Special Constable with Dorset Police to qualify for the paid time off?
This is a request under the Freedom of Information Act for the following:
1. The number of your employees who are currently on the level 7 senior leader apprenticeship standard.
2. The name of the training provider delivering the apprenticeships.
I am writing to see if you will provide the names of the current heads of the following departments
1) Crime Department
2) Scientific Support
3) Roads Policing
The Human Resources Department have provided the following information:
Could you provide me with a breakdown of those officers (sworn police officers) who identify as disabled within each rank structure.
The Force Training and Delivery Department have supplied the following information:
Please can you tell me, as of April 1st 2020, how many officers currently working within your force have been specifically trained to be first responders to reports of domestic abuse made by the public?
A list of the forces cold cases under investigation including details of the crimes investigated
A list of cold cases solved since January 2019
The RESOURCING ORGANISATIONAL & DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT have supplied the following:
Please may you provide me with an up to date list that details which discretionary powers are designated for Police Community Support Officers in your force if they are used within your force?
If you do utilise Police Community Support Officers, what are the advantages of having both Police Community Support Officers as well as regular Police Constables?
If you do not have Police Community Support Officers, what are the reasoning’s / advantages to this?
1. Does the police force outsource and use 3rd party suppliers under any of the following 3 categories?
-IT Services and communication.
2. If so who are the suppliers/resellers used and what has the spend been with them in the last 6 months?
3. Who are the contacts/procurement in the police force to speak with in order to get added as an IT supplier to the police force?
4. Who are the IT managers in the police force in place and there contact details?
- How many Rest Days are owed to Constables, Sergeants, Inspectors and Chief Inspectors in your force?
- How many rest days were cancelled in total during 2019?
- Can you please supply this information as of 1 January 2020?
The Performance Analysis Department can provide the following information:
Detailed statistics-at the local authority level since 2001 - of
- Number of police officers(preferably divided by function) . By function, I mean rank, as Chief Officer, Inspector, Sergeant, Constable, etc per each solar year (Jan-Dec)
- Spending on security/police services per each solar year(Jan-Dec)
I would like to know whether Dorset Police provide a practical test of hearing to assess functional abilities as stated in the standard?
If yes: Is this test provided internally?
If yes, can you name the type of test that is provided? For example, a Speech in Noise test (HINT, SPRINT)
If no, can you provide information on who this testing is completed by and if you know which test is being used? For example, a Speech in Noise test (HINT, SPRINT).
Do you record how many of these practical tests have been completed in the last 5 years, split into 12 month periods? If yes, how many?
The Professional Standards Department have provided the following information:
(For questions 1 to 4 below) For each of the calendar years 2017, 2018 and 2019 and the period 1st January 2020 to 2nd June 2020, could you please tell me the following:
1) How many police officers or PCSOs employed by your force were convicted of a criminal offence (i.e. they were employed by your force at the time of the offence)?
2) For each police officer or PCSO convicted of a criminal offence, could you tell their name, rank and offence they were convicted of? If you're unable to tell me their name, please provide their rank and the offence they were convicted of only.
3) For each police officer or PCSO convicted of a criminal offence, could you tell me the court penalty they were given (e.g. imprisonment, suspended imprisonment, fine, etc)?
4) For each police officer or PCSO convicted of a criminal offence, could you tell me the formal action taken by your force against the officer (e.g. dismissed without notice, written warning, no action, etc) or whether they resigned or retired?
5) In total, how many police officers or PCSOs currently employed by your force have a criminal conviction? If you're unable to provide this information, please tell me the number of serving police officers convicted of a criminal offence while employed by your force who remain employed by your force.
6) For each serving police officer or PCSO with a criminal conviction listed in your answer to question 5, could you tell me their rank and the offence they were convicted of?
Under the Freedom Of Information Act, I would like to request data on the annual holiday left unclaimed by police offices in your force in 2018 and 2019.
Meaning, the amount of allowed annual holiday hours left unclaimed by police officers who work for/worked for the force in 2018 and 2019. I would like the data to be in the format 2018: 'X' hours, 2019: 'X' hours if possible.
How many officers took sick leave for depression, anxiety, stress or post-traumatic stress between financial year April 6 2019 to April 5 2020. By this, I mean where any of the terms 'depression', 'anxiety' or 'stress' or 'post-traumatic stress' appear in the description of the officer's illness.
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information:
A breakdown by race and gender of your employees.
This is a FOI request to ask how many members of staff in your force have any of “equality”, “diversity” or “inclusion” in their job title.
If your organisation uses contingent workers (contractors, temps, freelancers), how many working currently across the organisation?
What is the annual spend on contingent workers?
If you have any framework and technology platform (Managed Service Programme or Provider /Vendor Management System) to manage the contingent workers?
Through what government framework has the service been procured and when is it being retendered or up for renewal?
Who is the incumbent Managed Service Provider and what Vendor Management System is being used?
Who is the relevant point of contact in the organisation responsible for this process for any retender or renewal?
Number of ill-health retirements within the last 5 years?
How many ill-health retirements are due to mental health issues?
How many appeals were held in respect of ill-health retirements?
How much does it cost the Constabulary each financial year for ill-health retirements?
How many ill-health processes are individual led and Constabulary led?
What is the ill-health retirement process for the Constabulary?
What welfare provision is provided to the officers undergoing the ill-health retirement process?
- How many police staff (whole / full time equivalents) are employed within your force control room?
- Between 01/04/2018 and 31/03/2020, how many police staff (whole / full time equivalents) have been recruited into your control room? Please break this down by years 18/19 and 19/20 where possible.
- Between 01/04/2018 and 31/03/2020, how many police staff (whole / full time equivalents) have left your control room? Please break this down by years 18/19 and 19/20 where possible.
- Of the staff (whole / full time equivalents) that have left the control room between 01/04/2018 and 31/03/2020. Please break down the reason for leaving (where possible). For example, number of staff that left the control room:
- o To Police officer intake
o To Retirement
o For performance or standards related reasons
o To another role within the force
o To employment outside of force
- Do you have a tenure period for staff employed into your control room that limits their ability to move into other areas of your force operations? If yes, for what period is the tenure in place?
- Does your force have an active Black Police Association or similar for black, Asian and ethnic minority (BAME) members of your workforce?
- What is it called?
- How many officers, support staff and PCSOs do you have?
- How many of those are BAME workforce (officers, support staff and PCSOs)?
- How many current Attendance Management cases do you have? (Force compared to BAME)?
- How many current Complaints do you have? (Force compared to BAME)?
- How many current Disciplinary cases do you have where regulation 21 notices have been served to attend a misconduct meeting/hearing? (Force compared to BAME)?
- How many current Employment Tribunals do you have, regardless of type of complaint? (Force compared to BAME)?
- How many current Grievances do you have, regardless of type of complaint? (Force compared to BAME)?
- How many current Incapability/capability cases do you have? (Force compared to BAME)
- How many current Regulation procedures (Misconduct and Gross Misconduct) do you have? (Force compared to BAME)?
- How many current Unsatisfactory Performance Procedures Tribunals do you have, or equivalent? (Force compared to BAME)?
- Black and Asian people are known to be at higher risk from COVID-19. What plans did you implement for risk assessing your BAME workforce against the infection during 2020?
- What grade, pay scale or band is your most senior BAME police staff? What is their gender?
- Who has a full time rural crime team –
- How large is your rural crime team –
- How long has your rural crime team been established. –
I would like to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act.
A breakdown of the ethnicity of all current officers of inspector rank and higher, for all current officers, and historical data on the same grades bu ethnicity going back the last 10 years. If there are particular grades in the force where there has never been a non-white officer appointed please highlight this
A breakdown of all senior civilian appointments by ethnicity, for all current officer holders, as well as historical data going back the last 10 years. Again, if there are particular grades where there have been no non-white appointees please highlight this
- How many special constables do you have that work alongside response teams?
- How many special constables do you have that work along side Roads policing unit/ traffic teams?
- How many special constables hold the response driving course ticket?
- How many special constables hold the right for ‘initial phase pursuit’?
- How many years does a special constable have to commit to so they could do the response driving course?What is the response driving course length for a special constable?
- How many special constables are taser trained (if any)?
- If the answer to question 7 is none, are special constables permitted to become taser trained?
Could you please tell me how many members of staff in your Police Force have one or more of the words equality, diversity, fairness inclusion, gender, LGBT or race in their job title?
- How many police officers have taken leave (of any length) due to anxiety, depression, PTSD, stress, or any other identified mental health condition. I would like these statistics broken down by month, between the period March 1st 2020 and today’s date. If data has not been collected up to and including today’s date, please provide me with data between the period March 1st 2020, and the latest date available.
- A description of internal procedures the police force has in place in order to help and support police officers suffering from mental health conditions.
- A description of any changes to internal procedures that the police force has made in order to help and support police officers suffering from mental health conditions since March 1st, 2020.
My questions relate to your organisational structure concerning the policing of the Hunting Act, in particular illegal foxhunting.
1.While I understand that any officer can answer a 999 or 101 call relating to illegal hunting, which section or department has the responsibility for investigating any breaches of the Hunting Act?
2.Does this section or department have any other responsibilities, and if so, what are they?
3.How many staff work in this section or department and what rank are they?
4.Does the force have any Wildlife Crime Officers and if so, how many active Wildlife Crime officers are there and where are they based?
5.How many police officers are there in total in the force?