- Police remind young people and parents about the consequences of sexting
Monday 12 February 2018
- Dorset Police Chief Constable Debbie Simpson to retire
Friday 12 January 2018
- Warn vulnerable members of the community about fraud this Christmas
Friday 08 December 2017
Weymouth and Portland
Weymouth and Portland is recognised as one of the most attractive areas in the country, and received international recognition by hosting the Olympic and Paralympic sailing events in the summer of 2012.
Dorset Police has a clear focus for our Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT) resources based upon threat, risk, harm and vulnerability. The operational principles for neighbourhood policing have been developed after listening to the people we serve and having learned from the most distressing incidents elsewhere in the country.
These Operational Principles are:
- Prioritisation of the needs of the victim - putting the "Victim First"
- Targeted and flexible deployment of officers based upon threat, risk, harm and vulnerability
- Informed and focused community engagement and meetings
Your NPT officers will ensure that, as a top priority, they look after the people in your communities who are the victims of crime and anti-social behaviour. We are ensuring that they, the victims, are listened to, understood, kept informed, protected and safe alongside the wider community.