Dorset Police Young People Awards
Dorset Police want to hear from you if you wish to recognise/reward a young person or a group of young people that have had a positive influence in their community in one of the following categories -
Do you know a young person or group of young people who have:
- Undertaken project work to prevent crime or anti-social behaviour / clean up / improve their area?
- Considered vulnerable people in their community and developed a positive outreach programme benefitting all?
- Used technology to raise awareness on personal safety issues / community safety issues and improved confidence within their community?
Anyone between 11 and 24 years of age can be nominated for an award, and the nomination process couldn’t be easier.
The nomination criteria is that:
- The group or individual must live, or operate a service in Dorset.
- Youth Groups must be nominated on the work that the young people undertake as part of that group
- The nominations can be for groups or individuals that undertake initiatives that tackle crime, and community safety, such a operating clean up days in the local community, use digital means to promote safety awareness, provide diversionary activities for other young people.
To nominate a young person or youth group, simply complete the nomination form with their name(s), age(s), contact details and a summary of the reason why they are being nominated with any supporting evidence, along with the contact details of the person or organisation making the nomination. Forms can be submitted either by email or post.
Successful nominees will be invited to attend the annual award ceremony and presented with a certificate from Dorset Police as a sign of the Force’s recognition and appreciation of the young person’s achievements.
One overall award winner will be chosen from all of the year’s successful nominees, for the following categories:
- Youth Group of the Year
- Individual Young Person’s Award 11-18 years
- Individual Young Adult Award 19-24 years
- Dorset PCC Youth Award for Excellence
The winners will receive their awards at the annual Young People Award Ceremony on 11 September 2015.
Closing date for submissions is 30 June 2015.