If you wish to trade on streets or door-to-door, it is important you have the appropriate licence to be able to do so. To establish which licence you require, you must first visit the website of the local authority for the area within which you wish to trade.
If the local authority confirms you require a Pedlars Licence, you can request one by completing an application form.
Please print off the form, complete it and bring it to one of the following police stations:
- Bournemouth Police Station (open Mon-Fri 0900-1800hrs, Sat, Sun 0900-1730 and Bank Hols 0900-1630)
- Poole Police Station (Mon – Fri 0800-1730)
- Weymouth Police Station (Mon-Fri 0800-1730, Sat 0900-1630)
- Blandford Police Station (Wed & Sat 1000-1530)
- Gillingham Police Station (Mon & Frid 1000-1530)
- Sherborne Police Station (Tues & Thurs 1000-1530)
- Bridport Police Station (Tues, Thurs & Sat 1000-1530)
*Times subject to change
What you should bring:
You will also be required to bring the payment of £12.25 with you, which is payable by either cheque or postal order made payable to 'PCC for Dorset', and 2 passport photographs as stated on the application.
Cash will be accepted at Bournemouth and Weymouth enquiry offices only. To pay at any other enquiry office, payment can only be made by cheque or postal order.
We will then assess the eligibility of the application for a Pedlars certificate, and if approved, issue you with the certificate.