Dorset Bobby Van
"The launch of our first ‘Bobby Van’ is an exciting service we are now offering to not only prevent burglary offences but also support those who have been the victims of such crime. Our service will be free at the point of delivery and funded in the long-term through The Safer Dorset Foundation."
About the Dorset Bobby Van
The service is free of charge and aimed at reducing crime and the fear of crime, helping people to feel safe and secure in their own homes.
The aim of the Bobby Van is to reduce the level of domestic burglary and distraction burglary and support victims to feel safer in their homes.
Who can access the Bobby Van Scheme?
- Victims of burglary who are 60+ and living within the scheme area
- Victims of burglary who are 18+ with a registered disability, living within the scheme area
- Victims of burglary who are 18+ and vulnerable, living within the scheme area
What does the Bobby Van Scheme offer?
- Check and upgrade door locks
- Fit door chains
- Fit door viewers
- Install window locks
- Advise on additional security improvements
As a charity, the Bobby Scheme relies on donations to fund our work. Please consider helping us to help the vulnerable and elderly.
"Everyone has the right to feel safe in their own home, and this is something the Chief Constable and I take very seriously. Protecting people from harm is, and always will be, the most important duty of the police."