Facebook Pixel

Domestic Abuse - Who Can Help?

Dorset Police treats all reports of domestic abuse seriously:

  • If abuse is in progress and you believe that you or another are in immediate danger, or it’s an emergency, call 999.
  • Otherwise in a non-emergency report online here or call 101.

More support services

Full information on the services for victims of Domestic abuse across Dorset can be found at the Dorset County Council website

BCHA - Bournemouth's Domestic Abuse Service can be called on 01202 547755

Outreach Services (24 hours)

Outreach workers can support you wherever you are. Outreach workers can talk to you on the phone or meet you on a one to one basis. They also run drop-ins across Dorset where you can meet other people in similar situations and receive on-going support.

  • Bournemouth Outreach - 01202 547641
  • Poole Outreach - 01202 710777
  • Dorset County You First - 0800 032 5204

Refuge Accommodation (24 Hours)

  • Poole (can also accommodate men) - 01202 748488
  • Dorset County, North Dorset & West Dorset. These are part of the You First countywide integrated domestic abuse service and can be contacted via the single point of contact team on 0800 032 5204.

For support with housing options or advice on how to stay safely in your own home contact your local authority housing department or housing advice centre.

  • Christchurch & East Dorset - 01202 495256
  • North Dorset - 01258 454111
  • Purbeck - 01929 557370
  • Weymouth & Portland - 01305 838400
  • West Dorset - 01305 251010
  • Poole - 01202 633633
  • Bournemouth - 01202 451467



Visit www.childline.org.uk for support and advice or call 0800 1111. 

Relationships can be tricky and scary. But remember love doesn't hurt. Visit www.safedate.org.uk for facts, support and guidance about healthy relationships.

If you are experiencing domestic abuse within your own relationship or if domestic abuse is taking place in your home (perhaps between parents or siblings), speak to a teacher or someone you can trust.

You can also call Dorset Police on 101 (999 in an emergency), or seek support from local organisations – details at www.dorsetforyou.com/dvahelp.

NSPCC - 0808 8005000 or text 88858

The Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme (DVDS) gives members of the public a formal mechanism to make enquiries about an individual who they are in a relationship with, or who is in a relationship with someone they know, where there is a concern that the individual may be violent towards their partner.

Members of the public can make an application for a disclosure, known as the ‘right to ask’.

Follow this link for more information.