Domestic Abuse & COVID-19 Campaign
Police and partner agencies are working together to raise awareness around a potential increase in domestic abuse incidents as a result of people being at home under the current national restrictions.
- Being in isolation doesn’t mean you are on your own.
- Enforced isolation may cause an increase in domestic abuse.
- Limited contact with the outside world may cause tensions at home leading to an increase in domestic abuse.
- Victims of abuse may leave isolation to seek refuge.
- Police and service providers will continue to provide help and support to those experiencing domestic abuse.
- Domestic abuse is never ok. Help is available.
Dorset help: www.dorset.police.uk/abuse-help