Can I help you? Card
All across the country, people who are well and not at risk are playing their part in supporting their friends and neighbours who need to stay at home because of coronavirus.
How to offer help to others
Download and print a copy of the Can I help you? card to give your contact details to those who might need help.
How to stay safe when accepting help from others
- If you are receiving voluntary help do not share financial details like credit/debit card numbers or personal information.
- If someone you don’t know calls at your home, always ask for ID and always ensure you are comfortable sharing details like your phone number or address.
- Only provide information on a need to know basis and if you have seen ID. Do not feel pressured into providing information.
- If you have doubts about those who are approaching you, and are concerned, it is advised that you don’t engage, and report serious suspicious behaviour to the police.
- Remember that genuine volunteers have been instructed not to enter your home and should all have documentation proving their status.