On Thursday 7 May, 2020 Chief Constable James Vaughan issued a message showing some of his favourite post from the Dorset Police social media channels over the past few weeks. He thanks everyone in Dorset for their continued compliance and reminds people to stay home this bank holiday weekend in order to save lives and protect the NHS.
Read the news release here.
With the current situation regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus), we are living in unprecedented and worrying times. With this in mind, Dorset Police are doing all we can to keep our officers, staff and community’s safe.
Emergency and high priority calls
- You will see no changes to the way we respond to emergency and high priority calls. These are a critical function we will maintain to protect the public.
- To help us to continue to provide a service please can, where possible for non-urgent calls, people visit our website to use our online crime reporting and other reporting forms instead of calling 101.
- If you have a question and not sure who can help then try our non-emergency database, AskNED.
Police Enquiry Offices
Dorset Police are taking precautions to reduce the risk of contamination, including closing or reducing hours of police station enquiry officers. This has been a difficult decision, but a vital one in protecting the health of our officers and staff. Please do not visit police stations unless you really need to – you can find the latest information about opening times on the ‘Visit us’ page.
Staying up to date
Government and Health advice
We all need to play our part in reducing the spread of the virus and you are urged to continue following the Government’s advice around social distancing, good hygiene and self-isolation.
- Read the latest advice and information from the government on GOV.UK.
- For health and hygiene advice visit the NHS website – you can also visit the website for advice on when to call 111.
Changes to policing services
- With immediate effect all Driver Awareness courses are postponed until further notice. The Central Ticket Office will be in touch with all participants in due course, additionally the payment line has also been suspended until further notice.