Call us

If life is in danger or a crime is in progress call 999


The 101 non-emergency number is available across all of the police forces in England and Wales. Dorset Police, together with its neighbouring forces in the south west region, started using the 101 non-emergency number in September 2011. You should call 101 to contact the police to report less urgent crime and disorder or to speak to your local officers. 

For example, call 101:

  • to give the police information about crime in your area
  • to speak to the police about a police related enquiry
  • if your car has been stolen
  • if your property has been damaged
  • if you suspect drug use or dealing in your local area
  • to report a minor traffic accident

Calls to the 101 non-emergency number – from both landlines and mobiles – cost 15 pence per call no matter what time of day you call, or how long you are on the phone. However, if you choose to end the call and redial, you will be placed back at the start of the queue and charged again.

If you are calling from outside Dorset you can contact us on 01202 222 222

Provide feedback on this page