Working with other interested parties and organisations we will
concentrate on the following areas:
- Protecting heathlands and other habitats from damage,
especially damage by fire/arson.
- Poaching - to support Operation Mongoose and to monitor,
prevent and detect incidents of aggravated poaching.
- Badger Protection - to monitor incidents of sett disturbance
and other associated offences.
- Marine Protection - in line with national and international
guidelines for the Dorset Coastline, which has been designated to
be of international importance.
- Countryside and Rights of Way Act and Police Reform Act - to
assess the opportunities for mainstream policing in line with force
targets and objectives.
- World Heritage - to monitor and assess the implications for the
force as a result of the designation of part of the coastline as a
World Heritage Site.
- Protection of birds and their habitat
- Improper use of pesticides
- Fishery protection
- To enhance liaison with other outside wildlife agencies
- Big Cats
- Deer despatch
Listing of Dorset Police
Wildlife Crime Officers (36kb PDF) >
Follow this link to see the Wildlife & Environmental
Strategy 2009 - 2010 (1.5MB PDF) for Dorset Police
Urban Heaths Life Project - follow this link for more information (92kb